“Ready. Set. GO!”
Yesterday I found out about the 2016 Goodreads Challenge. As It’s now the end of May I’ve set myself a challenge of 24 books. Now I love reading but with work and social engagements I think this would be a challenge however, it looks like I can change my target at any point if it looks like I’m getting close.
I was so tempted to choose books that I know I love (Harry Potter, Divergent, Hunger Games, Dexter etc.) however, I’ve decided to use this challenge to read books that
- a) I’ve been meaning to read for a while
- b) I’ve never read before and
- c) None that are in the middle of a series I’m already reading.
This challenge is for me to not only read the books but find new books/series I love and review each one.
So, here is my list of 24 books, if it does look like I’m getting close I shall do a part 2 with my new target.
- The Martian – Andy Weir
- Frankenstein – Mary Shelley
- The Diary of a Young Girl – Anne Frank
- Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn
- I Am Malala – Malala Yousafzai & Christina Lamb
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings – Maya Angelou
- To Kill A Mockingbird – Harper Lee
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen (probably the most challenging on the list!)
- Animal Farm – George Orwell
- 1984 – George Orwell
- The Shining – Stephen King
- The Fellowship of the Ring – J. R. R. Tolkein
- Dracula – Bram Stoker
- Room – Emma Donoghue
- A Game of Thrones – George R. R. Martin
- Life of Pi – Yann Martel
- Lord of the Flies – William Golding
- Username Evie – Joe Sugg
- The Fault in Our Stars – John Green (take it back, this might be the most challenging!)
- The Color Purple – Alice Walker
- The Casual Vacancy – J.K. Rowling
- The Exorcist – William Peter Blatty
- The Omen – David Seltzer
- Twelve Years a Slave – Soloman Northup
Let’s get started!
Are you taking the challenge? What books are you reading?
Or what books do you like to read?
I love a good book and am always looking for new ideas.
Whatever you choose – Happy Reading!