I’m pre-warning you now this is going to be a long one!
I am going to shorten it by not including any travel and instead I’ll put that in a different blog post.
I’ve previously done a 25 Things to do by 25 list.
I hope that if you’re interested in creating a bucket list or perhaps adding something to your own that this will help inspire you, plus it’s a great way for me to keep track of everything I want to do as at the moment it’s all in different notebooks. It may also help me to start working towards achieving some of these goals and aspirations. Some of these will be big but others small – it’s a variety!
I have to put it in however, I will put specific countries in another post!
- Complete my novel
- Attend a World Cup Final
- Attend an FA Cup Final
- Attend a Champions League Final
- Watch the Super Bowl / Attend the Super Bowl
Technically I watched it earlier this year however, as unlikely as it will be I imagine it would be a lot of fun to actually attend in person one day, or perhaps be in America around the time just to experience the energy and atmosphere it must create.
- Swim with Dolphins
- Do more tourist things in London
- Learn to speak a foreign language
For example I would like to become fluent in Greek but I would also like to learn Italian and perhaps a few others.. But I’ll stick with Greek & Italian for now.
- Learn Sign Language
- Stand under a waterfall
OK so technically I’ve done this one however, I want to do it again because it was so much fun!
- Be a member of an TV Show Audience
- Experience an eclipse
I think I missed the last one we had, I’m not sure I remember how or why but next time I would like to actually experience it rather than just exist through it.
- Sleep under the stars
This one sounds good, really good! The closest I’ve gotten to this is camping out in my friends back garden, but we had a tent so couldn’t exactly see the stars – it was a good evening though and such a laugh!
- Go to a carnival / festival
This is a surprising one for me and though it’s something that I’m not 100% sure about it’s something I’d like to experience at least once.
- Spend a whole day reading a great novel
See, I could have done this one by now except a) I don’t get up early enough for it to be classed as a whole day and b) I get distracted early in the day and then once again it’s too late for it to be classed as a whole day. I’ve spent hours reading, completed a book within a day. Actually does it count if I was on a plane for 11 hours? I did 2 and a half books then.. Probably not.
- Give Blood
- Do a half marathon
I can’t promise I’ll be running but I’d like to give it a go anyway.
- Walk for a cause
I’ve actually told my colleagues recently that I’ll do a colour rush in Brighton next year. Plus they’re already talking about the color run for 2017 which I can imagine I’ll be walking, but I’m planning on incorporating this into another blog post soon so stay tuned!
- Stay up all night and watch the sunrise
The amount of times I’ve stayed up all night and missed the sunrise, must be rectified soon!
- Achieve a black belt in Martial Arts (Kickboxing?)
I had actually taken up Kickboxing, I wasn’t being graded at the time but then the venue moved and I was always showing up late because it was too far from work. I’m going to try and see if they have other venues on different days or if there are any other classes in my area because it was a lot of fun.
- Watch a meteor shower
- Go on holiday with all of my friends
I’ve been away with friends however, not yet all together so I imagine that will be an experience!
- Bury a Time Capsule
- Watch the best Top 100 Movies of all time
- Learn to play chess
- Play Golf
- Take on a 365 Day Challenge
I’m open to suggestions!
- Move out of parents house
- Visit The British Museum
- Visit The Science Museum
- Make a list of museums around the world to visit
Open to suggestions!
- Go on another cruise
- Spend New Years in Times Square
- Write at least 12 songs
- Write a screenplay
- Write a play
- Write a musical
- Fly First Class
- Be in the front row of a concert
I was actually very close for Adam Lambert & Queen, we were standing and probably what would be the equivalent of the third row? It was awesome!
- Attend a fashion show
- Attend a floating lantern festival
I’ve honestly had so many opportunities however, always chickened out.. Next time!
- Have a photograph taken at platform 9 and 3/4
- Scuba Diving at the Great Barrier Reef
I’ve been scuba diving but never been there so that would be incredible!
- Stay in an Ice Hotel
- Stay in a Thermal Ice Igloo
- Throw a dart at a map and go wherever it lands
- Make a wish at the Trevi Fountain
Twice I’ve been to Rome and twice it was scaffolded and had plastic around etc. So it’s still on my wish list!
- Take a flying class/course
I’m kind of hoping this will ease my concerns when it comes to flying as a passenger.
- Go to a Drive In Movie
I’m not sure we have these in the UK so again any suggestions!
- Learn Archery
- Swim in the worlds largest swimming pool
Which, if I’m not mistaken, is in Chile
- Visit India for Holi Festival
- Attend an Olympic Games
Really missed my chance when they were in London!
- Stay at the Ritz in London
At least for one night, just to experience it! Though they don’t allow jeans, which may be a problem.
- Hold a koala bear
- Attend a Boxing Match
- Attend a Film Premier
- Attend a Gallery Opening
- Attend a Masquerade Ball
- Attend a Murder Mystery Dinner
- Attend a Formula 1 Race
- Go to Comic Con
- Attend a Tennis Match
- Go to a Centre Parc
- Ride the Hogwarts Express Train
- Visit Harry Potter Locations
- Attend a Basketball Game
- Attend a Baseball Game
- Enter a Writing Competition
- Do a cooking course
- Take an art class
- Do an evening course
- Attend writing classes
- Hold a monkey
- Ride a vespa in Rome
- Gondola Ride
- Visit as may Hard Rock Cafe’s as possible
So far I’ve been to ones in Orlando, New York, London, Rome and Los Angeles
- Stay in a Hard Rock Hotel
- Attend an Ensemble Concert
- Ride in a Hot Air Balloon
- Stay in a ski lodge / learn to ski
- Weekend of: Exercise; Spa Day; Shopping; Breakfast/Brunch/Lunch; Dinner with friends – Basically a girly weekend
- Whale Watching
- Helicopter sight seeing
- Watch an opera at the Sydney Opera House
- Go Snorkelling
- Learn to surf
- Go Jet Skiing
- Go on a Speedboat
- Go kayaking
- See penguins in Antarctica
I’ve now seen penguins at the London Zoo!
- Bonfire on the beach
- Go on a submarine
- See a Samba Show
It looks like fun
- Go Sailing
- Ride in a cable car
- Ginga Tropical Show
- Niagra Falls plus evening lights
- See Moulin Rouge
- Bake Christmas cookies
I’ve never done it and I want to, sue me.
- Visit a Natural Hot Spring
- Go backstage at a concert
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub in the snow
I’ve been in a hot tub in the rain before however, that’s the closest I’ve gotten.
- Try Travel Writing
- Try Travel Vlogging/videos
- Become an early riser
- Become knowledgeable in Art Collection
- Become more organised
- Own a house with a pool in Cyprus
- Own a property in Italy
- Cut out sugar for one month
- Be around a campfire
- Try a cosmopolitan in Manhattan
I don’t actually like alcohol so I may just make someone else get one and try theirs.
- Go-Karting as an adult
- Get a tarot reading
- Go on a writing retreat
- Go on a painting holiday in Rome
- Go to a baby shower
- Become a Godmother
- Become an Auntie
- Go to Supernatural Convention
- Go to an auction at Christies
I used to work at an auction house so the comparison will be interesting
- Halloween Haunt
- Throw a Halloween Party
- Stay in a cabin by a lake
- Own a polaroid camera
Yes, this is on my bucket list.
- Get the Unlimited Cineworld Card
- Join a Salsa Class
- Try Yoga
- Learn to sing
- Learn to meditate
- Take a pottery class
- Make s’mores around a fire
- Organise a charity event
- Organise a surprise party
OK some travel ones slipped in but I couldn’t help it! To be honest there is so much I want to do, I think some of these probably got a little unrealistic but dream big and see what you can do to make it happen.
I will say going through my lists made me realise I’ve actually done some of them which is amazing! Once I have enough I’m thinking of putting them in another post and sharing my experiences.
I’m always wanting to try new things and experiences so if there’s anything from your bucket list that’s not on here I’d love to hear them! Or if there’s something above that you want to try as well!