So, I started my Goodreads challenge in March or May and, I won’t lie, from the books I’ve said I was going to read I really haven’t read any. Don’t get me wrong, I really want to read those books I’ve listed however, I just couldn’t bring myself to do it and I couldn’t figure out why.
The other day I re-organised my bookcase and it hit me that I have so many books that I haven’t got around to reading yet that I already own and upon reflection I feel like that may have been a block.
So, I’ve decided that I will read those on the Goodreads List I posted however, not until I have read the majority of books I already own but haven’t got around to reading yet. I’m hoping that by doing this I can finally get out of my slump and actually get going on buying new books (because that just sounds like my kind of heaven).
The issue is that I have so many on my bookcase (because I usually re-read books or lend from friends, or download on my Kindle, or just buy more etc.) and there are some where I want to finish the series and some I want to re-read the series before I read the last few.
So I’ve picked out some and will just keep adding to the list and keep this updated every so often and see what happens!
- The Martian – Andy Weir (Bought 2016)
- Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn (Bought Christmas 2015)
- The Shining – Stephen King (Bought 2015)
- United As One – Pitttacus Lore (Birthday 2016)
- Gulliver’s Travels – Jonathan Swift (Bought 2015)
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone – Laini Taylor (Bought 2014)
- Assassins Apprentice – Robin Hobb (Birthday 2015)
- The Magician’s Guild – Trudi Canavan (Bought 2014)
- The Secret of Crickley Hall – James Herbert (Bought 2012)
- Partials – Dan Wells (Bought 2013)
- Schindler’s Ark – Thomas Keneally (Bought 2014)
- Mary Boleyn ‘The Great and Infamous Whore’ – Alison Weir (Bought 2014)
- Wolf Brother – Michelle Paver (Already read in 2007, need to re-read)
- Spirit Walker – Michelle Paver – (Bought 2007)
- The Man Who Broke Into Auschwitz (Bought 2014)
- Insurgent – Veronica Roth (Bought 2016)
- Allegiant – Veronica Roth (Bought 2016)
- Angels and Demons – Dan Brown (Bought October 2016)
- 1st To Die – James Patterson (Bought September 2016)
- 2nd Chance – James Patterson (Bought September 2016)
- 3rd Degree – James Patterson (Bought September 2016)
- Mister Monday – Garth Nix (Bought 2006)
- Animal Farm – George Orwell (Bought 2015)
- 1984 – George Orwell (Bought 2015)
- Haunted – James Herbert (Bought 2015)
So, that’s 25 so far and, though totally unintentional, I think is a pretty good and round number to start off.
I know some might wonder how I remember when I bought these books but some are fairly recent within the last few years and some take place around specific events like when I was in a book club at school and others I remember where I was working working whether I bought it from the shops near there during breaks or after work etc.
There are some series books in here however, I think most are either first books or stand alone. There are so many series I also need to read and re-read but I think I’ll stick with this for now and see how I go, hopefully I can now read freely without feeling pressure to buy more books when I feel bad for the ones already on my shelf!
Let me know what’s on your To Be Read pile, if it’s anything like mine make a cuppa tea or coffee, you’ll be here a while!